Include a character display with a color backlight and button inputs to your Raspberry Pi based projects!
The Display-O-Tron HAT has a 16×3 character LCD display, 6-zone RGB LED backlight, bar graph, and six capacitive touch buttons all in one slim package.
This will give you an endless amount of options for any kind of project you might be thinking of.
Get your Display-O-Tron here:
- 16×3 character LCD display (full ASCII character set and eight custom glyphs)
- Fully controllable six zone RGB backlight
- Six bright white bar graph LEDs (individually dimmable)
- Six capacitive touch buttons
- Power, I2C, SPI, UART, PWM, and five GPIO pins broken out
- SN3218 LED matrix driver chip (drives the RGB backlight)
- Microchip CAP1166 capacitive touch driver chip
- Display-O-Tron HAT pinout
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3, 2, B+, A+, Zero, and Zero W
- Python library
- Comes fully assembled (breakout pins require soldering)
Pimoroni have created a Python library that makes it easy to get your Display-O-Tron HAT going in no time. It has all the function you need to control the display and LEDs, use the capacities touch buttons and more. There are also code examples which show you how to use the backlight, bar graph LEDs, and touch buttons, as well as more advanced examples showing you how to create menus, games and even an internet radio!
If you want to use a case for your Raspberry Pi and the Display-O-Tron HAT, it’s best to use a case that can be open at the top. The Pibow Coupé Case from Pimoroni works well for such a setup.