A great bundle of all the things you need to get up and running with the Raspberry Pi Zero W!
This kit includes an SD card with operating system pre-loaded, a colourful Pibow Zero W case, and one multicolour LED strip, Blinkt! This will be a great start to take your first steps with coding in Python!
- Pi Zero W (header requires soldering, or try a no-solder hammer header)
- Pibow case
- 8GB micro-SD card with operating system pre-loaded
- Blinkt! multicolour LED strip
- Male 2×20 pin header
- 50cm USB A to micro-B cable
- USB A (female) to micro B (male) adaptor
- mini to full-size HDMI adaptor
- Sticker sheet (personalise your Pibow!)
- Comes in a reusable kit box
Get your Pi Zero W Starter Kit here:
The built-in wireless LAN and Bluetooth on the Pi Zero W frees up the micro-USB port, and makes for a really tiny package when using the Zero W in embedded, headless Internet of Things projects. Or why not use a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard, and hide your Pi behind your monitor or TV?
The Pibow case will keep your Pi Zero W protected from bumps and bruises. It has a clear top layer, and frosted red, purple, and blue layers. The clever design leaves the GPIO pins free, letting you attach add-on boards like the Blinkt! while your Pi is still safely ensconced in its case. You can use the included sticker sheet to personalise your Pibow!
The included 8GB micro-SD card comes pre-loaded with the Raspbian operating system. Just remove it from the larger SD card adaptor, pop it into the slot on your Pi Zero W before putting it into the Pibow case, and you’ll be up-and-running in next to no time!
The Blinkt! multicolour LED strip is the perfect way to take your first steps with coding in Python. The Getting Started with Blinkt! guide from Pimoroni will teach you the basics, and there’s a bunch of code examples in the Blinkt! GitHub code repository to give you an idea of what’s possible.
- Blinkt! with eight APA102 RGB LEDs
- Pi Zero W with single core CPU and built-in wireless LAN and Bluetooth
- Pibow Zero W acrylic case
- 8GB micro-SD card with NOOBS 2.2 pre-loaded
- Adaptor kit
- Blinkt! Pinout
- 50cm USB A to micro-B cable (power your Pi from an existing charger or computer)
- Python library
- Female and male headers require soldering
The Pimoroni Python library will give you full control over your Blinkt! There’s even a nifty one-line installer to get everything set up super-quick. There’s details on how to get started in this tutorial.
Get your Pi Zero W Starter Kit here: Get It Now!