Do you need a heatsink for your Raspberry Pi?
It depends on what you do with your Raspberry Pi. If you only run tasks that won’t stress out the CPU of your PI too much, then you’ll probably be fine without a heatsink. While you are browsing the web, writing a document or working on a spreadsheet, your Raspberry Pi won’t get very hot.
However, if you want to playback video, do some gaming using Retropie or any other CPU demanding task, the CPU of your Pi can get quite hot. In this case, a heatsink will help to keep the CPU cool and prevents your Raspberry Pi from overheating.
I would recommend to install a heatsink on your Raspberry Pi regardless of what you are doing with it. A heatsink does not cost a lot of money and it will reduce the physical stress on the components of your Raspberry Pi caused by overheating.
The GorillaPi Heatsink for the Raspberry Pi is a great set of heatsinks for CPU, USB/Ethernet IC and Memory IC of your Pi. The copper heatsink for the Memory IC is very flat. This allows you to use pretty much any case for your Pi, even with heatsink attached.
The the GorillaPi Heatsink for your Raspberry Pi here: Get It Now!
- Compatible Heatsink for Raspberry Pi 3 & Pi 2 Model B & Pi 3 CPU / SoC
- 3 pc SET Which Includes x2 Aluminium Heatsink and x1 copper
- Get a cooling advantage to Your Raspberry Pi and Avoid CPU Overheating
- GorillaPi QUALITY ASSURED!
- 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE! GorillaPi offer a complete 30 day money back guarantee